About Me

My photo
I'm a 29 year old self identifying hippie and amateur photographer. I've been married since Summer 2006, and we started trying to get pregnant the summer of 2007, I have 2 cats and a dog, and I work as a secretary in a prison. This blog is about my battle with infertility and life, love, faith and happiness in the face of infertility. All pictures in the collage and those that I post in my entries were taken by me, unless otherwise stated (or if they are of me of course). Come visit my photography page to see more of my work here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hannah-Love-Chandlers-Photography/282550090053

Friday, February 15, 2013

Trust



People always tell us to trust in God. He will provide, He promises that good things are in store for you. You may sometimes ask how. How do I trust God through my infertility journey or other trials? This is one of those questions that doesn’t have a helpful, explanatory answer. It’s like asking how to know when its true love. When you know, you know. With trust, you just trust. Trusting doesn’t mean you don’t have questions or that you are never worried. It means that through your questions and your worries, you know that God is working for you, through you, and in spite of you, for His ‘plans to give you hope and a future’ (Jeremiah 29:11).

Think of it this way. If you’ve ever been on a plane you had to trust that pilot with your life. You probably didn’t even think twice about it. Those that have had fears of flying may have thought more than twice about it, but in the end chose to put your trust in the pilot that he or she would get you from point A to point B with all your limbs still attached.

So you’re on the plan, more than 30,000 feet in the sky. What happens when there is turbulence? Do you storm the cockpit and tell the pilot he’s doing it wrong? Do you try to push him out of his seat and take over? That’s what we’re doing when we don’t trust God when we have problems. When we try to take the controls back from God there’s no burly air marshal to tackle you from behind (for your and everyone else’s safety) because we have free will in this life. That means free will to crash and burn, as surely as we would crash and burn if I took the controls to the next flight out of Nashville. If you don’t let God have the controls to your life you will crash and burn. You cannot get yourself to heaven without God’s help, and you cannot get yourself to motherhood without God’s help. Nothing happens in this world without God being part of it.

So can you trust God to fly your life plane, even during the infertility turbulence? Or will you push God out of the pilot seat to navigate your problems yourself? Can you trust God as much as you trust an imperfect human pilot?

No comments:

Post a Comment