About Me

My photo
I'm a 29 year old self identifying hippie and amateur photographer. I've been married since Summer 2006, and we started trying to get pregnant the summer of 2007, I have 2 cats and a dog, and I work as a secretary in a prison. This blog is about my battle with infertility and life, love, faith and happiness in the face of infertility. All pictures in the collage and those that I post in my entries were taken by me, unless otherwise stated (or if they are of me of course). Come visit my photography page to see more of my work here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hannah-Love-Chandlers-Photography/282550090053

Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Photo a Day - 1

Day One - Your Reflection
I'm doing the April Photo a Day Challenge. Today's picture topic was your reflection, so I took a picture of my nails in an old handheld mirror my grandma gave me. I tried taking one of my face. I don't like taking pictures of myself. They never seem to turn out, I think I smile weird, and I hate the camera showing up in the picture. So I tried to get creative. I love my wild nails, and often take pictures of them so I figured I could easily do a reflection of my hand in a mirror, and then I could avoid all that stuff I hate. I had to take several before I could get one that was okay, but that's what makes this a challenge. If it was all easy stuff it wouldn't be called a challenge.

I love my nails. Doing my nails is my one way to pamper myself. It is also a way for me to let a little bit of my personality out, since I can't work a professional job and have purple hair, nor can I afford to get tattoos all the time, even ones that I can have and still have my job, like the five I already have that stay well hidden.

I love photography and I'm looking forward to trying to complete this challenge!

Tomorrow: Color! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment