About Me

My photo
I'm a 29 year old self identifying hippie and amateur photographer. I've been married since Summer 2006, and we started trying to get pregnant the summer of 2007, I have 2 cats and a dog, and I work as a secretary in a prison. This blog is about my battle with infertility and life, love, faith and happiness in the face of infertility. All pictures in the collage and those that I post in my entries were taken by me, unless otherwise stated (or if they are of me of course). Come visit my photography page to see more of my work here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hannah-Love-Chandlers-Photography/282550090053

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Friendship


Click here to view my photography page
I’ve never been one who needs her alone time or gets annoyed after too much time around people. However, in what might be a grand contradiction I don’t like lots of noise and bustle and I hate crowds, but I love being around people. I’m too nervous and scared for new things which includes meeting people at a new job or at a party, but if I’m meeting somebody on my own turf I’m comfortable enough. That makes it hard to meet new people and make friends.

Because of my absolute lack of need for alone time I don’t quite get it when others need alone time. That was one of the things that my husband and I had to fight through a couple times before we could figure out that he needed it and I didn’t. This meant that he needed to talk to me and let me know when he was getting to a place where he needed to be alone for awhile, and I needed to realize that he needed it and to be more sensitive to the signals that he might be ready for me to give him some space. After our first fight or two related to this we got the hang of it and we don’t fight about this anymore.  But not fighting about it doesn’t mean that I understand it. I know when to give him space and he knows when to ask for it, but that doesn’t mean I enjoy it. So take now when he is away for training this week. I joke that I’m glad for a break but him not being here isn’t really a break, it’s a week of boring and lonely.

See more of my photography
One of the reasons I have always been just fine with having roommates living with us is my non-need for alone time. When I first met Ben he had some roommates and since then we have had roommates off and on. At one time right before we got married we had my sister and two of his brothers living with us in a 3 bedroom trailer. And I never minded it; I kinda like having a roommate around.

 This is also why I like Facebook. I can have interaction with some people even when they don’t live near, and I can also meet people that have things in common with me. I have found a few terrific supportive infertility groups on Facebook that lets me interact with people that understand what we’re going through. These groups and pages share relative blogs and articles, and are great places to get advice on a whole range of infertility problems, from medical questions to how to deal with hurtful comments and insensitive people. Infertility Awareness is one terrific one as is Faith ‘n’ Fertility; both are great pages for people dealing with infertility. They are also great for people who know and care for someone dealing with infertility, because they share blogs and articles that can help you understand a little better what we are going through, and give you some advice on some things to say and not to say. So check out these Facebook pages if you or someone you know suffers from infertility.

See more of my photography

No comments:

Post a Comment